NOTICE: COVID-19 EMERGENCY PROCLAMATION
Until further notice, masks will be required when inside of city-owned property, including but not limited to; City Hall, Opera House, and Bonaparte Public Library.
The Library will be open by appointment only, contact information is located at 602 8th Street, (the former Harmony Elementary building).
CITY OF BONAPARTE, IOWA
WHEREAS, COVID-19 poses a serious threat to the public health and safety of the City of Bonaparte, Iowa, as outlined by the Center for Disease Control ("CDC"); and
WHEREAS, the Iowa Department of Public Health ("IDPH") has now determined that community spread of COVID-19 has occurred in the State of Iowa; and
WHEREAS, the CDC has recommended that persons do not congregate in gatherings of over ten (10) persons to attempt to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in the general public; and
WHEREAS, the Hon. Governor Kim Reynolds has recommended that all school districts within the State of Iowa close for a period of four (4) weeks to help to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 within the State; and
WHEREAS, the Superintendent of the Van Buren County Community School District has heretofore closed the Van Buren County Community School District for at least four (4) weeks from March 16, 2020; and
WHEREAS, Section 372.14(2) of the Code of Iowa (2019) grant the Mayor powers to declare an emergency and govern through proclamation to protect the health and safety of the citizens of Bonaparte.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Linda McCarty, the duly elected Mayor of the City of Bonaparte, Iowa, do hereby proclaim the following:
1. That a state of emergency or public danger exists within the City of Bonaparte because of the threat of the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
2. That based upon the advice of the CDC and other public health agencies, I hereby declare that the Bonaparte City Hall and Bonaparte Public Library will be operational but closed to the public beginning upon execution of this Proclamation. Staff shall report as normal.
3. That pursuant to CDC recommendations, gatherings of ten (10) or more people are strongly discouraged until further notice.
4. That this Proclamation of Emergency may be modified and/or superseded by future proclamation of the Office of the Mayor of Bonaparte as future events warrant.
5. That any violation of any proclamation of the Office of the Mayor of the City of Bonaparte, Iowa, shall be a violation of Title I, Chapter 3 of the Code of Ordinances and punishable as a simple misdemeanor.
Signed and Dated this 24th day of March 2020.
Holly Richardson, City Clerk
John Holden, Public Works
Roberta Gonterman, Librarian
Form for New Customers:
Please fill out this form and return it to City Hall prior to services being turned on.
For Customers Moving Out:
Please fill out this form and return it to City Hall prior to moving or services being disconnected.
OFFICE PHONE: 319-592-3400
OFFICE FAX: 319-592-3403